What I Studied & Where
FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY,
Master of Science (MS) – Human Resources Management, 2019
UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL FLORIDA,
Bachelor of Science (BS) – Health, Behavioral and Social Sciences, 2016
What I Do
Human Resources & Talent Development
I served as a Human Resource Officer in the United States Army, reaching the rank of Captain. The following are some examples of my duties and responsibilities:
- HR recruiting and staffing functions involving managing 7 personnel for the administrative processing
of 3K+ applicants a year to include receiving & controlling applicants, preparing and managing HR files such as employment contracts, background checks, and travel accounts.
- Managed $13K benefit payout, 150 business trips and 24K miles logged on travel systems.
- Spearheaded logistics and training for an agency Training Seminar consisting of several leaders.
- Developed a training curriculum for recruitment leaders and recruiters, hosting 4 events and bolstering accession success.
- 4+ years of supervisory experience.
Cosmetic Sales & Marketing
I have been an Artist and a Beauty Consultant at MAC Cosmetics, Estée Lauder and Clinique. Below are some of my responsibilities in those roles:
- Educate clients on product knowledge and ingredients, application & price.
- Contribute to sales growth by
recommending products that meet clients’ needs and responding to customer inquiries regarding products, specials, and
- Gathered and grew customer base, without losing any existing customer during COVID-19 by supporting no contact beauty consultations, including teaching customers to apply makeup without touching the product or the customers.
- Utilized artistic skills to create customized looks for clients based upon listening & interpreting their personal style.
- Supported training development and collaborated with team members to ensure highest level of customer service.
Content Writer & Blogger
I created Along Came Alex in 2018, having designed and maintained the website using WordPress and DiviBuilder on my own without a designer. Since then, I have done the following with the brand
- Self-published over 100+ articles and have been featured as a guest blogger on other sites
- Worked as a Content Writer provided weekly fashion related blog posts for All That She Wants Boutique.
- Created graphics using Canva
- Pinterest marketing and planning with Tailwind
- Email marketing with MailChimp
- Professional correspondence with brands for collaborations
- Search Engine Optimization with Yoast SEO
- Planned content on Instagram using various applications such as Later, Planoly and Plann.
- Amateur photography using Nikon DSLR equipment and editing using Adobe Lightroom
Or, if you're still not convinced... you can learn more on my LinkedIn Profile below
This web page was specifically designed in collaboration with Bradley Cleary of ClearyCustoms.com.