Hi, I’m Alex! I learn, lead, create, grow, develop, write, innovate, and I like to do it all with a smile. Please take a moment to explore some skills I have to offer and I am looking forward to connecting.
Human Resources & Talent Development
Cosmetics Sales & Marketing
Content Writer & Blogger
I served as a Human Resource Officer in the United States Army, reaching the rank of Captain. The following are some examples of my duties and responsibilities:
- HR recruiting and staffing functions involving managing 7 personnel for the administrative processing
of 3K+ applicants a year to include receiving & controlling applicants, preparing and managing HR files such as employment contracts, background checks, and travel accounts.
- Managed $13K benefit payout, 150 business trips and 24K miles logged on travel systems.
- Spearheaded logistics and training for an agency Training Seminar consisting of several leaders.
- Developed a training curriculum for recruitment leaders and recruiters, hosting 4 events and bolstering accession success.
- 4+ years of supervisory experience.
I have been an Artist and a Beauty Consultant at MAC Cosmetics, Estée Lauder and Clinque. Below are some of my responsibilities in those roles:
- Educate clients on product knowledge and ingredients, application & price.
- Contribute to sales growth by
recommending products that meet clients’ needs and responding to customer inquiries regarding products, specials, and
- Gathered and grew customer base, without losing any existing customer during COVID-19 by supporting no contact beauty consultations, including teaching customers to apply makeup without touching the product or the customers.
- Utilized artistic skills to create customized looks for clients based upon listening & interpreting their personal style.
- Supported training development and collaborated with team members to ensure highest level of customer service.
I created Along Came Alex in 2018, having designed and maintained the website using WordPress and DiviBuilder on my own without a designer. Since then, I have done the following with the brand:
- Self-published over 100+ articles and have been featured as a guest blogger on other sites
- Worked as a Content Writer provided weekly fashion related blog posts for All That She Wants Boutique.
- Created graphics using Canva
- Pinterest marketing and planning with Tailwind
- Email marketing with MailChimp
- Professional correspondence with brands for collaborations
- Search Engine Optimization with Yoast SEO
- Planned content on Instagram using various applications such as Later, Planoly and Plann.
- Amateur photography using Nikon DSLR equipment and editing using Adobe Lightroom
FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY, Miami, FL
Master of Science (MS) – Human Resources Management, 2019
UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL FLORIDA, Orlando, FL
Bachelor of Science (BS) – Health, Behavioral and Social Sciences, 2016
Society for Human Resource Management
Adjutant General’s Corps Regional Association
Kappa Alpha Theta